• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Think pill cam is stuck

Hi everyone. I am new, as you can see. I have been dealing with this horrible pain now since May, 2012. Numerous cat scans, ultrasounds, even a hysterrectomy to remove uterus. Funny thing. The Doctor who did my surgery in September said I have a redundant bowel geared to the right side and the surgery would not help fix the problem. I am very small framed and he said he has never seen so much bowel in a person. I have now been to 2 Doctors and the Doctor that ordered the pill cam is my primary. I have to have an x-ray tomorrow for location verification. The new Doctor they finally set me up with said it most definately would require surgery and at the same time be able to hopefully diagnois and take care of the problem. I am so afraid of this type of surgery. Is the recovering time slow and with alot of pain, or does it relieve pain instantly. Any advice would be appreciated. Also is there a good website for diets if I do have crohns?

Uhh it really depends. You'll recover quicker if you're fitter, and the pain is manageable with pills. When I had my surgery I was in much less pain than before.

Also here is a pretty good place to sort out a diet. Mostly though you should keep your own food diary and see where that gets you. There are some good suggestions on what foods are easy to eat (like chicken), but you'll be looking all over the place for recipes if you don't want to get bored.

Thank you Price. Feeling really bad today. Did the inside of you ever feel really hot and cold sometimes? It's only on my right side. I don't know much about Crohns, they just keep leaning toward that. Is that a symptom?

Hi Tammers welcome to the forum. I am sorry that you are dealing with so much pain.

How long has the pill can been stuck?

Did the cold/hot feeling just start since the pill cam? or is this a symptom that you have had that lead to going to the dr?

When did you have the hysterectomy and is dr. #2 a GI dr/surgeon?

Sorry to be asking so many questions but if the symptoms you asked about started after the pill cam getting stuck the feeling could be a problem in the blood supply to that area and needs to be addressed right away.