• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Calcification in Terminal Ileum?

I

Isla

Last night I went to the ER due to a kidney stone and they found that there was calcification in my terminal ileum (incidental finding.) I was told by the ER doctor that this can be a common finding in Crohns and that at the current time it is not causing a blockage which leads me to believe that it can progress to cause a blockage. I tried to research about this effect of Crohns and am not having any luck...

Does anyone have any experience with this or know more about it?

I

Isla

I still have not been able to find any information about this. I left a message for my GI doctor Monday morning and still have not heard back. I hate to be really pushy about this but I am really nervous about it so I am leaving another more "urgent" message for him tomorrow morning.

The not knowing what this means is really bothering me. I just want to know if this is worth worrying about. I want him to either say nothing to worry about or it is so lets make an appointment. That is it, that is all it would take to make me feel a little bit better right now. Either way I just want to know. It just doesn't seem right or normal that I suddenly have a calcified terminal ileum. The ER doc said it wasn't obstructing my bowel, which is fantastic - but does that mean it has the potential to obstruct? Is the calcification going to worsen over weeks, months, or years? Is it even Crohns that has calcified it or is it something else. Because I have no inflammation, no ulcers, no scarring no nothing. How could I go from a perfect intestine to suddenly calcified. ARRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!

I was told today that I have renal calcification; not sure what that is haven't had any luck finding it and not sure where else to go. Does anyone know if Crohn's can cause renal calcification?