• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Joint pain from Infliximab

I have had Crohns for 15 years now and in the last year have started to get severe joint pain. The doctors are at a loss as to the cause as my joints don't swell when I'm in pain so they are now just saying it is Crohns related and all I can do is to keep taking my pain medication. It has all started after I had a severe reaction to a second treatment of Infliximab (remicade) two weeks after the infusion in the space of 12 hours ALL of my joints seized up from my jaw to my toes. I was rushed to hospital and treated with I'VE steroids but since then my joints have got progressively worse.

Astra

Hiya Chally
and welcome

I've moved your post to this section because you posted in someone else's thread, and this ok, but you've a better chance of getting an answer in here!
Hope you find some answers soon
Lotsa luv
Joan xxx