• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Im a newbie so would like to say hello to you all x

Hi everyone :ghug: I would like to introduce myself. I live in the UK and * years ago came down so servearly with ulcerative coilitis had to have all my large bowel removed and a colostomy bag. I had no signes prior to this so was deverstated. After a few days of feeling sorry for myself I decided that the disease had spoilt my life enought and it wasn't going to spoil it or get the better of me. I had some really bad times getting used to a colostomy bag but with the support of my husband manged ton get throught the bad times. 2 years after my l\arge bowel removel I had pouch reconstruction surgery. Had a few week where I couldn't sit down as my bumm was like a red glowing beckon as I should have been put on liperomide and wasn't but what i difference when I was. I still go around 6 to 8 times during the day and a couple of times throught the night, don 't think things are going to get any better than that 6 years down the line. Went formy yearly check up yesterday and was finally discharged but have to contact my doctor if there is any probs and they will refure me back to the hospital. I manage to work part time and doing shifts which can be a bit of a challence getting things under control to go to work but I manage most of the time. Best wishes to you all and hope your having a good day xxx

Hello Carol

I'm fairly new to this forum also, but rest assured all the members are really lovely and supportive. The thing I have learned is not be embarrassed or ashamed by anything you post, after all we are all in the same boat!

Gill

Last edited:
Hi Carol welcome to the forum.
Feel free to look around. We do have a stoma sub forum should you want to take a look.