• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Remicade/inflimab times have been shortened

Yey!...saw my gastroenterologist yesterday and he believes that if i am noticing a difference on infliximab but it's just not lasting till the next dose.He has pulled my next dose a week forward and will be monitoring the levels to see if i need to be increased as well.After 22 years,there is light at the end of the tunnel.Hope some of you guys/gals are having some affect with the infusions and remember that the times can be shortened or dosage increased.We are all different and some of us have a little more to fight off than others.Merry xmas everyone and a pain free new year

rygon

how long where you waiting/whats the difference now? Im on 8wks and thinking I might need to shorten it

I understand. I was at 5 mg/kg every 8 wks for 6 years. The last year I had to have dosage increased to 10, that wasn't enough so had to go evey 6 wks. Now I having my first surgery for strictures. I just wonder if that will create more structures.

I hope you see a difference, it really helped my symptoms changing the dosage and weeks between.

how long where you waiting/whats the difference now? Im on 8wks and thinking I might need to shorten it
I'm having my 4th on xmas eve.That will be a 6 week gap and there going to check my levels 2 weeks after to see if i need the dose increased.I was surprised today when i had my blood test for mondays infusion.I asked the nurse if anyone had it shortened like me and she told me i was the first.I have to thank this site for making me realize there was others having it shorter so i just explained to my gastro and he was ok about it.I only saw him on monday and already booked in so i can maybe have a good xmas meal.The difference for me was amazing straight after my first infusion but second didn't seem to help.Not really true that it takes about 4 months to work like some have said on here.The first 3 doses are enough to show an improvement as it wears off so longer length of time will show no difference.Not sure how many doses you have had already but if it has helped,stick with it as there isn't a lot better than this.Hope you have a pain free xmas and a great new year

I understand. I was at 5 mg/kg every 8 wks for 6 years. The last year I had to have dosage increased to 10, that wasn't enough so had to go evey 6 wks. Now I having my first surgery for strictures. I just wonder if that will create more structures.

I hope you see a difference, it really helped my symptoms changing the dosage and weeks between.
I've never heard of surgery creating more strictures.What normally happens is the crohn's will return where they cut.My surgeons told me that wasn't true after my internet investigations and told me they had put a clip where they had removed my bowel on my second op to prove it.Guess what?Yeah,it's back exactly where they cut out last time.Strictures are caused when we're in pain from a crohn's flare up which is why it's important to have infusions when we're well.They don't like doing that really as it costs so much but it's not there bodies being damaged.I hope you feel a lot better after surgery.My one piece of advise about the surgery.Be prepared for the loudest and longest,no nice way of saying it(fart)as when they operate,your bowel will go to sleep and takes about 3 days before it wakes.When it does,you will know about it..lol..Happy xmas

Yey!...saw my gastroenterologist yesterday and he believes that if i am noticing a difference on infliximab but it's just not lasting till the next dose.He has pulled my next dose a week forward and will be monitoring the levels to see if i need to be increased as well.After 22 years,there is light at the end of the tunnel.Hope some of you guys/gals are having some affect with the infusions and remember that the times can be shortened or dosage increased.We are all different and some of us have a little more to fight off than others.Merry xmas everyone and a pain free new year
Just had my blood test because they have fitted me in for an infusion on monday. Looks like i might be having xmas dinner after all.Strange as well because i asked the nurse about it being shortened and it seems that i'm the first that she had ever known to have it.I'm thinking that,i'm a lot worse than i realize for them to first do it and do it so quickly.I only saw my gastro on monday and hope they understand what can go wrong as it's 2 weeks early and i did have a slight reaction with my throat swelling last time. Have a wicked crimbo!