• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Thinking of switching to Humira

I was diagnosed with CD in 1997 and struggled with all the regular medications prescribed with no avail. When Remicade was approved for maintenance use, I immediately began it and discontinued all other meds. It was a life changer for me. Now that I have been using it for almost 11 years, I am finding that my joint pain is progressively getting worse. I am now no longer able to work. I was just diagnosed with sacroiliitis which is very painful and have been battling rheumatoid arthritis or what they call peripheral arthritis. I have done the opioid
route which helps but the gastro effects are difficult. I have done some research about the possibility of cannibus possibly being helpful but i am unfamiliar with marijuana. Any ideas?

David

Co-Founder
Hi Pam and welcome to the community.

1. When was the last time they did a colonoscopy or other studies to determine the health of your intestinal tract?

2. Have you had your vitamin D and magnesium levels tested? I ask because people with Crohn's disease are COMMONLY deficient in both and deficiencies can lead to joint, bone, and muscle pain.

3. When you say, "peripheral arthritis" can you elaborate? What hurts exactly and what does the pain feel like?

4. Many have excellent results supplementing with medical marijuana. You can read about that here. Unfortunately, I don't believe that Georgia is a medical marijuana state.

All my best to you.