• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Finally found good historical IBD info.

kiny

I posted Dalziel's study from 1913 once: http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=39658

I think S Wilks and Morgagni presented single cases, which makes me doubt their validity, Dalziel confirmed 9 non-tuberculosis cases, anything before that I have a hard time believing.

I don't know why the study says "These are “old” diseases, probably having existed for several hundred years." Anything before Dalziel could have been intestinal Tuberculosis, even today they still mistake Intestinal TB with crohn's disease and a number of other disease, one single case from the 18th century can not be used as an argument to say the disease existed for hundreds of years, they're single cases I believe each time, they could have easily been something else. Only around the 1900s do the multiple cases start to show up, maybe the cases before that were undocumented but I don't think that is the reason, they would have been documented if they were that prevalent, I think they just didn't exist.

Last edited: