• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Devynn's appt with new IBD team!

Devynn has been transferred to the IBD team and we met with her nurse practitioner today. She was very nice. She took blood today, but said if Devynn continues to do well they will only do blood draws once a year. Right now she is going to go see them every 6 mos. If we have any problems in between I can call her and they will get her in right away. She also told us, that unless there are problems.. they won't redo her colonoscopy and endoscopy again for 8 years! :ywow::D:dance:That was the highlight of Devynn's day! lol
So everything looks good. The MRE looked good. It didn't show any active inflamation in the small bowel. :)
Devynn started on Sulfasalazine in Nov and has done very well. She has only had 2 stomach aches (as opposed to 5-7 days a week) and has complained of joint pain twice! Again, the joint pain is usually a few times a week at best. She said the Ulcerative Colitis is mild and that they also believe she may have irritable bowel syndrome. She was happy with Devynn's growth and said she looks good and her belly was nice and soft and not at all tender.
All in all a good appt, leaving us with hope that these meds might be working!!:wink: She said the plan is to keep her on them for 2 years minimum if things are going well. :ycool:
I am praying that this is going to put her into remission and I will have my happy girl back!
I am SO thankful for this place, although it sucks that there is a need. But I have learned so much, and had so much support since finding you all. I hope I can be of as much support, as everyone has been to me. I have had my mind eased, my fears calmed, and met some wonderful friends. Thank you all. :kiss:

:dance::dance:Good news:dance::dance:

:dance::dance:I love good news:dance::dance:

:dance::dance:Long may it last:dance::dance:

:dance::soledance::mario2::allright::yoshijumpjoy::pika::congratualtions::applause::panda::luigi::ptiara::headbang::grr1d::emot-waycool::emot-dance::sheep::cheers::poop:
Did I do enough.... That is fabulous news. Long may it continue.

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Short of a cure, that's about as much as any of us could hope for!!:) Awesome for her and all your family!

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Wow! What a fab update! I am sooooooooo happy for you both! May it keep on keeping on. :):):):):):)

:mademyday:

Dusty. xxx