• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New member!

Hi all! I am new to the site. Recently diagnosed with Crohn's. Can honestly say I am scared to death how to adapt ... this forum looks very helpful.

I am researching everything I can from medications, supplements, Naturopathy to diets. There are no two people, doctors or disease the same and the direction is definitely not clear. I feel like I am trying to dr myself sometimes! lol (scary I know)

All that said I ran across LDN in my quest for the easiest medication for me. I started 8 weeks ago (against my drs suggestion) and am seeing great results. I am very hopeful that between this support forum, LDN, diet changes, less stress, and supplements I can get my body headed in the right direction.

Look forward to making new friends and networking within the groups!

nativesith

GTA ModLeader Psx-Scene
Welcome to the site:). Wish I could be more help but I am kinda in the same boat.
Waiting on Diagnosis (Hopefully this week 16th) and I am also trying to educate myself on this.
I too am scared.

I am new to this all too and it is very scary especially the "doctoring oneself" If you have some info on the natural stuff IE some of the meds you are on that would be great! I am trying to do this without getting on to many meds. I just started eating wheat free and all real foods so we will see how that goes before I take anything drastic. Good luck !

Joji hi - thank you! I started LDN 8 weeks ago and the DR that gave me the script also suggested Curcumin, Bromelain, Boswellia and probiotic immediately. I have done a lot of reading on each of those and started at low doses and just now getting to full dose - I highly recommend it. The other thing I did was double up on D3 - i swear by that stuff now!! lol I was feeling so much pressure and anxiety over the diagnosis I was not good. I really believe the D3 helped with the depression I was starting to feel. I am feeling so much better with the combo of all these things.

I also cut out dairy and most fruits and veggies (juicing some) to get the inflammation down. I have not had red meat for a year. I am eating mashed cauliflower instead of mashed taters (comfort food and easy on my tummy). I am learning to really watch what I eat and doing several gluten free things in the mix.

Good luck! Look forward to sharing info along this journey!