• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi

hi I'm Alison was diagnosed with crohns 23 of march last year. had operation in May had 70cm of my large bowl removed that's bout in on the mend now lol

Hi Alison, welcome! You're in a wonderful place here! That's interesting that you had so much removed right after diagnosis, did you have symptoms for a long while?

hi, had very bad diarrhoea from the September untill after my op (forgot to mention I had a pelvic abscess that burst that I did not know about) I lost about 3 stone in the period of about 6 weeks, went to my gp and they gave me codeine to stop me from going to the toilet and referred me for a colonoscopy. that took bout 3 months for me to get an appointment so was quite quick for nhs lol. not on meds at the moment but was on azathriapine and pregnisalone and about 5 different antibiotics when I git diagnosed as the gi Dr would not let me leave the hosp so got kept in for 2 weeks, got let out then back in 2 weeks later as the abscess burst then had operation. my tummy has its moments but if I watch what I eat I'm only at the toilet bout 4 Times a day which is better than going about 12 lol

Angrybird

How often are you seeing the GI doc and how often do you get issues with the tum? If you don't mind me asking when you go to the loo are your bm's solid? Do you get any tummyaches or niggles?

I have not seen my gi Dr since July but was meant to have an appointment with him in November but he had to cancel as he was not well, I have an appointment to see him on the 31st of this month. I think it is meant to be every 3 months I see him. no it's not solid when I go to the toilet, sometimes in the mornings I get a sore tummy after I have had some breakfast but it gets better as the day goes on.