• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

What symptom would you eliminate?

What symptom would you eliminate?

• Total voters
Weight loss - it's caused the most damage to my health and means I have to stuff down far more food than I am comfortable with, all day, every day, worsening my other symptoms in the process. I can only occasionally give myself time off from the pressure to keep eating more. And it's never ending because even when I reach a healthy weight I have to keep stuffing myself because I usually just end up losing again - like a "yo-yo dieter" but in reverse.

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
I'd go with blood in stool cause the rest is a fairly easy fix in comparison to blood loss (from my personal experience). I don't currently have it though, only during flares.

CrohnsChicago

Super Moderator
My active crohn's always has blood streaks mixed in the stool or mucous. That is the very first thing I would get rid of. I hate to think of how much damage is/could be done by constant bleeding.

The constant bathroom runs I would give up. The fear of soiling myself in public and the embarrassment that it would cause, plus the wrench it would throw into an entire day has always, and will always hang over my head. I absolutely hate that.

kiny

It's not on there but I would say fibrosis, I know some people suffer from that. I think it's such a neglected field in crohn's disease, hopefully they put some more research into that. Not sure why it is so neglected.