• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Fatigue after meals

A quick question....do any of your kids' symptoms include extreme fatigue within 15 - 20 minutes after a meal? If so, any idea why or what it means?

rygon

I always thought it was because the body is having to use a lot of energy to break to food up and digest.

I get it now when I eat big meals, so I try and have 5 small meals a day (3 small meals + 2 snacks) instead to regulate my energy levels

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Matt did occasionally before his op. His appetite at that point was great and when he did manage a decent amount he would get pretty tired after. A bit like after Christmas dinner when we all want a lie down. :lol:

I was like Rygon and just put it down to the limited energy his body did have going to digestion.

Dusty. xxx

Thanks for your replies. Interesting reading re hypotension though he is now only slightly anemic...he cannot eat a cookie without feeling like he has to crawl into bed. Otherwise I do suppose it has to do either with his stricture or just his digestive process since small, softer meals help. His doc is still considering surgery so that may solve the problem. Thanks.

KWalker

Like others have said, I was going to ask if it was only after big meals but if you say he feels that way after eating something as small as a cookie then that changes things. Please keep us updated if you get any answers and I hope your son doesn't have to go through too much