• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I'm Back :)

Hi Guys

It's been a while since I visited this forum and recently I remembered about it & how useful it was to me in the beginning. Thought I'd do my best to visit as much as possible to share my experience and help wherever possible.

It's been two years since i've been diagnosed with Crohns & there is not one day that I do not think about it. there is always so much going through my mind. Luckily, I currently cannot complain as the meds seem to be working fine on me. never in too much pain or anything. But I never fail to wonder.. what will happen in a few year time, can it get any better? or can it only get worse! I have a checkup (Colonoscopy) in a few months & hoping that the inflammation has decreased as much as possible since the last time.

On the bright side, Keeping yourself busy makes you put your little illness aside and enjoy life to the full. I will never let it prevent me from doing anything that I used to do 2years ago. I encourage all with Crohn's or any for of IBD to keep strong and think positive.

I am looking forward to make a few friends on here as besides my girlfriend, it iis hard to express myself to anyone since it is so hard to explain.

Thank you for your time
Jack

Hi Jack and welcome back to the forum!
I'm glad you are doing so well now. I wouldn't even think about the future, because what we imagine will happen, usually never does. It's always something unexpected. Alot of people go in remission for years and some it never comes back. I guess it depends on the person and what the cause was.
Keeping your life as stressfree as possible and learning how to not feel stress in your body is a good way to start. I used to get all worked up and the adrenaline would get going all the time. I wore myself out with worry for 30 yrs. Now that I'm older, I realize what a waste of time it all was. Everthing always ends up working out anyway. Why worry? Relax and enjoy the good times and when things get tough, just remember. they will get better again. My mom always says, "This too shall pass...."

Hey Guys,

Sorry for keeping you waiting again.. Well I cannot say I'm in pain or anything like that but I still kind of feel that my intestine is inflamed (Occasional slight tingling sensation). Lots of rumbling to depending on what I eat. What is mainly bothering me though is this stomach ulser that is often causing heart burn!

My current meds are as follows;

Pentasa 200Mg daily
Azatophrine 100Mg daily
Folic Acid 1 tablet daily
Omeprozole - According to heart burn.

I just received a book I ordered called 'Crohn's & Colitis Diet Guide' I highly recommend it for the newly diagnosed that are still finding out about their condition very informitve & it even contains some 150 recipes. Anyway, nice to hear from you all...

Jack

Hey Guys,

Sorry for keeping you waiting again.. Well I cannot say I'm in pain or anything like that but I still kind of feel that my intestine is inflamed (Occasional slight tingling sensation). Lots of rumbling to depending on what I eat. What is mainly bothering me though is this stomach ulser that is often causing heart burn!

My current meds are as follows;

Pentasa 200Mg daily
Azatophrine 100Mg daily
Folic Acid 1 tablet daily
Omeprozole - According to heart burn.

I just received a book I ordered called 'Crohn's & Colitis Diet Guide' I highly recommend it for the newly diagnosed that are still finding out about their condition very informitve & it even contains some 150 recipes. Anyway, nice to hear from you all...

Jack
Can you share some of it's main recommendations J?