• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Warts inside me? (crohns disease)

I had a colonoscopy today and endonoscopy and in the pictures i had warts/lumps type of things inside my colon i believe it was , i heard before that it can develop into cancer? is there anything i can do to prevent it from getting worse..? I'm only 17 , and i dont want it to get worse over the years and me ending up with colon cancer..

The joys of crohn's - you can get polyps in your bowel that potentially have nothing to do with cancer. At least with your doctor knowing, you will probably be looked at regularly to make sure nothing serious develops. I had a couple almost two years ago, no problems. Stick to a healthy diet (difficult at your age), exercise and check in with your doctor on a regular basis. Try to work a little fun in there too!

what foods should i stop eating? i usually cook , so i dont eat out alot , but nothing i eat gives me stomach pain really except for caffeine somtimes , what things should i watch out for and what things should i eat more of top stay healthy??

Most polyps don't develop into cancer, but they can also be removed to make certain. Around 90% of all colon-rectal cancers don't develop until after the age of 50, so at the age of 17, polyps normally aren't much cause for concern. Your doctor might recommend a colonoscopy every few years to monitor them, just to be on the safe side.

okayy sounds good thankss! and i was wondering , ive been trying to excersice and stay active but i always feel tired/weak or my joins and bones hurt , is there anything i can do to help me get more energetic ?? any vitamin i can take or drinks/foods?

Hi Pablo785! Yes they can likely monitor your polyps and maybe even remove them. Did you show crohns/inflammation as well in the new scope or are you in remission?

There are several diets and things to look into. I just watch really close what I eat - if it hurts I steer clear! :) I avoid milk, corn, beans, nuts, spicy, seeds and soda. When you can help your tummy feel better some of the aching will get better.

Have you had your vitamin levels checked? See what you are low in - like D or B and then supplement for those.

You might consider juicing? :)

Common cause of fatigue in Crohn's are inflammation and anemia. Did your doctor tell you if there is active inflammation? Are you anemic? When inflammation and anemia are treated, people have more energy.

Unfortunately, pain in the joints is typical of inflammation in Crohn's. Have you had your vitamin and mineral levels checked?

You could be anemic (lacking in iron) and/or in need of some vitamin supplements and may benefit from vitamin b12 shots.

As others have recommended, you probably should have your vitamin/mineral levels checked to find out first.