• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New here

:soledance: So I am a 36 yr old female who has had Crohn's Disease since I was 10 yrs old. Off anf on of every med you can think of. Since 1999 I have had 15 yes 15 surgerys for this lovely Disease. I am noticing now that things that did not bother me when I was young that omg kick my butt now. :frown:Stress is a big factor in my life right now and has been for just over 3 yrs due to a very nasty divorce. I am currently getting ready to start my Cimzia shots again after 2 1/2 yrs of being off. I am needing some help. As all of you know with crohns your stools are never normal or as what other people think is normal have you found anything that helps with this? It seems that everytime I eat about an hr later im going to the bath room. Also I am trying to loss weight is there anything that people have tryed that works and would like to share. I need help please any advice you can give I will take have been down 2 weeks now with crohns flair up:ack:

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

Just to confirm what have the surgeries been for? Have you had to have any resections? My impression is that if the tum is fully settled then there is no reason not to have normal bowel movements. What are you on currently med wise? Why was the Cimzia stopped previously? Do your symptoms improve at all depending on what you eat? How often are you seeing your GI doc for check ups?

For more information about the diet side of things and what to try then do have a look at out diet, fitness and sups forum: http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17.

Please keep us updated on how you get on.

AB
xx

SarahBear

Welcome to the forum!

I'm sorry you've been having such a rough time. :( I'm also curious why you stopped the Cimzia. Were you taking anything else during that time?

Has your GI ever considered you to be in remission? Like Angrybird said, once remission is achieved, bowel movements are usually normal. Have you ever been diagnosed with IBS in addition to Crohn's? Something like that might keep causing issues with BMs while in remission.

I hope you start feeling better soon!

Hi Sheric! Welcome!
Has your doctor ever prescribed anything for the stools? Immodium? Or Questran or Colestid (These 2 are the same basic medicine but the former is a powder, the latter a pill). Or Psyllium?

I am starting my cimzia again finally today. I was taken off it by the surgeon that had done one of my surgerys. Yes I have had reductions, clostomy bag for 6 months then reversed. I was in remission for about 9 yrs then it kicked back up in full force. I have fistulas that pop up and that is what most of the surgerys have been for was to repair those