• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

High lft's what now?

Hi All,
Does any of yous know why i'd have a high liver function test. My doc rang yesterday to say they were high and id need them repeated in a week.

ju

Hi is it anything to do with the medication you are on? My liver function went high in the first week of starting 6mp. The ibd nurse took me straight off it.

Alison

yes im on remicade. does it mean im getting antibodies or something like that or is it a sign of infection.

ju

Hi i dont know about remicade. I have 2 young children so not a option for me. I am waiting for my liver function to go back to normal went over 400 with 6mp. ON 18 December 2012 I was taken off it and asked do I want Humira or Remicade. I have chosen Humira but cant start until my liver function goes back to normal. Still not back to normal seems to be taking a very long time to return to normal. Sorry cant answer your question maybe somebody else can. Take care.

Alison

jeez, well hopefully the humira will work for you. was 6mp any good apart from raising your liver enzymes.
I have a feeling my problem is drug related too.
sure why not. as if it weren't complicated enough.
I have 2 young kids too. interested why you thought it wasn't an option for you.
best of luck with the humira.
ju

Hi thanks hopefully Humira will help. I was only on 6mp for one week so didnt have time to work. I dont have anyone to help me with the kids in the day. Thats why i chose the Humira. I dont need to rely on anyone that way.

Alison

oh I see, it is quite an upheavel having to get someone to take care of the kids while you are in hospital for 4 hrs. its nice to get the time of though!lol
thanks for replying. all the best
ju