• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi all,

New to the forum. I've had ulcerative colitis since 2001. It got progressively worse over the years and in 2011 after a 7 month flare up that the prednisone wouldn't kick, I was diagnosed moderate/severe and put on remicade. I haven't had a flare up since! I've never felt better in my life!

I think my biggest issue has always been dairy. I never realized it was causing me a problem until 2007. I assumed I was lactose intolerant until 2012 when I realized I am milk protein intolerant. What a pain in the arse! Man I miss pizza :(

Welcome.

Are you able to tolerate goat milk protein? Some people cannot tolerate either, the casein profiles are similar but slightly different. But, some people who can't tolerate Cow milk casein, can tolerate goat. There are some okay goats milk mozzarella cheeses out there. Expensive, but if you like pizza, it worth it.

Thanks everyone!

I haven't tried goats milk yet, but I have heard about it and plan on trying someday. I must admit, with things going so well at the moment the thought of trying something new makes me nervous....

There's a fancy over priced pizza joint down the street from my in laws and they have goat cheese pizza! I'm goin in! Wish me luck...