• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

It is Crohn's

Well after all of the delay because of Thanksgiving, I finally got word yesterday it is defenitly Crohn's disease. I have an appointment with my GI on Friday to discuss in detail all of the results from my small bowel series and my colonoscopy. The nurse said as far as she could tell there are no obstructions, or strictures only inflamation and ulcers. My GI is also going to discuss another med, MP6 or Remicade. All I know is I am on 8 Pentasa pills a day and although they seem to be helping with the frequency, they are not helping alot with pain. I am having alot of pain in my right lower abdomen. If Crohn's is caught early or is not a severe case will it stay that way forever? Will it always be managable with meds? Thanks for the support,
mrjmom

Sorry to hear you officially have Crohn's. But glad you know what it is now.
Everyone seems to be different. It's a good thing you don't have any strictures or
anything though. But that doesn't mean they won't happen in the future.
Everyone reacts differently to different meds as well. Crohn's is just one of those
icky unpredictable diseases that come and go throughout your entire life.
Hopefully in your case it will be easily managed and the meds will work
smashingly for you. Keep us posted!

I'm sorry to here you have crohns (like the rest of us here), but atleast you now know whats been causing all your symtoms and pain. Its true people react different to medications. I was put on entocort when I was diagnosed a month ago, and though it works for some it hasn't for me so i'm going back for different meds! Pen is right, all you have to lose is pain and letting your GI know if the meds are working or not is important. Feel better, keep us updated :)

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I was just diagnosed myself today! I am also being started on Pentasa, though i don't know how many pills per day of that yet. I was also bumped back up to 40mg of pred for another 2 weeks. I wasn't told of any strictures or obstructions, so I'm guessing I don't have any either, but I do have inflammation on the left side of the colon, with an area of infection (abscess?) and scarring in my terminal ileum. My stomach and upper small intestine is also inflamed. I guess I'm in the mild to moderate category as well. Hopefully we will both do well on the Pentasa.

Good luck!