• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Lemons and Seeds

So I am still juicing but I was having trouble getting used to the taste of greens (I use Kale as it is a super food).
I also read that too many fruit in your juice can dramatically increase the sugar. So I am thinking I need more fruit to mask the taste, but I have hypoglycemia so too much sugar is no good.
I then read an article that said, don't use too much fruit - the exception - lemons and limes because they contain very little sugar. They are also very good at hiding the taste of leafy greens. YAHTZEEEE.

So my fave drink is:
8 small carrots (the little ones you can buy peeled -they sell organic where I buy my produce).
A bunch of kale
2 small peppers (red/orange)
1 regular fruit - apple or orange
1 lemon

It tastes great and the taste of front lawn is greatly reduced by the lemon.

I have a question, can you juice the lemon seeds. It's a pain to fish them out. I haven't found anything that says you can't. I have an Omega 8006 and the auger is supposed to be super tough. I imagine it can handle the seeds.

Anyone?

On a side note, the Omega 8006 is a very good juicer. I did a boat load of research and it produces maximum yield and as a slow masticating juicer all of the nutrients remain (where is high speed juicers don't produce as much juice and the heat causes the juice to lose it's nutrients quickly).

Robb

I don't know about you, but lemon seeds taste kind of bitter/gross. They are a total pain to fish out, but have you ever seen one of those little lemon/orange juicers? You cut the lemon in half, juice it and the seeds get caught while the juice goes on to the bowl. This might be super old school though. I can't use links yet or I'd show a picture!

I don't know about you, but lemon seeds taste kind of bitter/gross. They are a total pain to fish out, but have you ever seen one of those little lemon/orange juicers? You cut the lemon in half, juice it and the seeds get caught while the juice goes on to the bowl. This might be super old school though. I can't use links yet or I'd show a picture!
i know what you mean, one of these..

if i was you pie guy, i would use one of these to get the juice out of the lemon/orange/lime then pour it through a sieve into the juice you are making, seems like the easiest way to me, unless you like the taste of the seeds!