• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Capsule Endoscopy success rates?

Capsule Endo???

Hello Everyone, well I went to the GI doc on Tuesday he has decided I need to have a capsule Endoscopy done on Feb 20th. Just wondering how successful these are.sorry I'm so clueless. He also put me on Levsin. Just wondering h but sow well it works.its only been 2 days so far I don't notice much relief. Thanks for any suggestions.

I had one several years ago. Very easy and I thought the pictures were great. I really was happy to have this since a colonoscopy does not go up far enough to view the small intestine. It ends where my resection is and I always worry the disease may recur up higher. A great alternative to barium studies where you have to drink all that awful stuff. I see GI Doc at a big University Hospital in Philadelphia. He is the head of the GI division. I do not think he would use it unless it was reliable.

I have also taken Levsin in the past. I loved it. It really helps with the cramping. It can make you tired though so be careful when you take it. And never mix with alcohol. I had the kind you put under your tongue (sub lingual??). Sometimes if I ate when I was out I would take it right after to prevent cramping and hopefully save myself a trip to the bathroom until after I got home. I am sort of a lightweight when it comes to pain meds too and sometimes taking this made me drowsy enough to get some rest or even sleep though the night when I was waking up in pain.