• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello I'm new to all this!

320sammy

hello I'm new to all this!

Hi to all

I am new to the forum and new to Crohns.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had the sympton I have; I only have pain on the right side of my abdo, and extremely tired most of the time.

I have cut dairy out of my diet and the pain is less, is aloe vera any good for helping crohns?
Going to see the consultant on monday for the first time, so will see what they say.
Cheers

Sam

Hi Sam and welcome! When my pain first started it was lower right side, but since the first couple of flares, most of the pain I get is middle upper stomach. My Crohn's is in the terminal ileum, with a stricture. I'm not sure on the Aloe Vera, I have never tried it. I am extremely tired every day, no matter what I do or don't do. The more you read on here, you will find lots of good and useful information to answer any questions you may have. Good luck with you appointment on Monday.

GoJohnnyGo

One Badass Dude
Welcome Sam.

Sorry to hear you've got Crohn's. Glad you found our corner of cyberspace. Feel free to fire off as many questions as you like.

Aloe Vera may work for you. I think you'll find what works for one CD sufferer might not work on another. That's just the way she goes.

How are you planning on ingesting it?

Welcome! I always get my pain behind the belly button. Usually have pain on both sides, stronger on the right though for sure.

I have never tried aloe vera, but probiotics are supposed to help encourage the good bacteria in your gut. You can get pills or yogurt. I got mine from Ensure when I wasn't eating solids.

Hi Sam!

I get pain on my right side of my abdominal and below my belly button, and theres somedays I can't stomach anything and somedays I'll just sleep forever.

Everyones different with the food they eat. Its trial and error, so if you eat something and between then and about 6 hours later if it kills your stomach you know to steer clear.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

C

catfud

I get pain in the middle of my stomach just above the belly button and pains down the right hand side. I have a few odd days where I'm normal and have energy to do everyday things. Most days I have to take it easy and sleep a lot at the weekends when of work. Doesn't matter how much sleep i get always feels like I need more!

Welcome to the forums :)

Hey! Welcome here, I'm new too but I'm already finding the forum a friendly and informative place.

I think most of us can sympathise with your pain. I certainly can. Mine runs right across my lower abdomen, that's mainly cramping, with a sharp stabbing pain situated over on the right hand side. I occasionally also get pain around the belly button and weirdly in my chest.

I'm trying the aloe vera too - give it a go, because you have nothing to lose. I don't know if it's helping yet though, perhaps too early to tell.

Hope your appointment with the consultant goes well and you're back feelin on top soon. Take care. :D