• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello all :)

Good evening everyone :)

It's been a while since I was last here

Here is a bit of back store

I was diagnosed with crohns in jan 2010 after been ill for some time. I have been all the drugs named around the forum. In sept last year I had a bowel resection and recover was quick. I new coming out that this was not a cure but mainly to ease my suffering for a time. Well two weeks ago my family was given bad news that my little brother had cancer. Since the news my crohns has returned with a vengeance :(
Back on steroids :(
Also see the return of perianal abscess :( my eighth in two years :( so I am on antibiotics :(
So my question is, has my crohns returned due to stress? Is that a factor?

Look forward to chatting with u all

Andy :)

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
Hi AndyJ, welcome. :) I'm very sorry to hear about your brother, and I hope his prognosis is good. Stress can definitely contribute to symptoms acting up. I assume because you're on antibiotics that your doctors are aware that your symptoms are back? Are you on any other medications besides the antibiotics? Do your doctors have a plan to try to get you feeling better again and to get things under control?

Hey,

They treating my brother with chemo starting next Monday and future looks good but we need to wait and see.

My Gp is aware of my symptoms and is trying to get me in to see my gastro doctor

I have been 30mg of prednisalone to try ease symptoms

But I also got told to rest and stop stressing (easier said then done)

:)

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
That's definitely easier said than done! Especially with something so stressful happening in your family. Take care of your brother but also take care of yourself as much as you are able to. I hope you can see your GI soon. Has the pred kicked in, are you feeling any better since being on it?

My bathroom attendance has dropped but my stomach cramps and sickness are still present. This is day two of pred :) just waiting for usual side effects to kick in :)
Yeah rest is a luxury I don't have at moment