• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Night sweats

Dose anyone else experience night sweats while on humira? I have been dealing with it for the last few days,I am going to the D.R.on April 1st about this and loss of appetite just wondering if anyone else on humira has.thank you and have a great day

Hi fixerguy911,

I've suffered night sweats when i'm in a flare and loss of appetite. Do you think maybe you could be flaring?

Since being on humira i've not had any.

I get some pretty horrible night sweats on Humira, change sheets and blanket 4 times a night somedays. Initial they thought I had a infection or this or that after multiple tests, GI concluded it was Humira. In my experience no matter how low I let tempature get or how many fans I use it doesn't help at all. Humira is about 85% effective for me which is best I found yet, so night sweats are worth it. Oh yeah lots of pillows aswell so you can rotate them out as they get soaked.
I would have a doctor check you out just to make sure its not inflamation or infection that your body is reacting to if they haven't already.

How long ago did you start Humira? I get night sweats when I flare so it could be a symptom of flare if you only started Humira recently and its not taken full effect yet

I've been on humira for at least 8months and see my D.R. on the first of April to discuss the side effects and symptoms of my appetite loss at times I also have pain when cold almost a tense feeling in my intestines. I still need to update my profile as per the meds that I am on thank you all it is so nice to have people who know what is going on to talk to.

I've not been on Humira, and am currently on no medication, but I do notice night sweats some nights, and I notice it happens more when I am turned on my right side, if that doesn't seem strange.
Love the picture, are those border collies?

Those are miniature Australian shepherds they make the best of a bad day they are so loving the wife breeds and shows them, you can see all of our dog's at makanaminiaussies.com

Dose anyone else experience night sweats while on humira? I have been dealing with it for the last few days,I am going to the D.R.on April 1st about this and loss of appetite just wondering if anyone else on humira has.thank you and have a great day
Fixerguy,

I have a few questions, were you recently in the hospital and put on heavy pain killer narcotics? Recently started steriods? recently stopped smoking?

Last summer I was in two hospitals and was on delauded for 2 weeks none stop then i did soemthing I should have years ago....I stopped smoking. I was put on 60mg of steroids at the same time.

So narcotic withdrawal and with some people nicotine withdrawal will cause hot/cold flashes. So i had a double whammy so to speak. I kicked myself out of a local hospital to go to a world leading IBD hospital/clinic cause of the Doctor who was cheif section of the Gastro side. short version of a long story is they took my off the narcotics while I was going through nicotine withdrawal and started the heavy steroid doses made me have some strong hot cold flashes. :ylol::ylol: I'm a 43 year old male and I joked, " this is what women go through at middle age?" wow:ylol:

Hope this feedback helps, I have yet to have a hot/cold flash with respect to Humira, and I have a hypersensitivity to drugs.

I don't know if this is any help but I'm not on humira, but ever since I was on the high dose of steroids in the hospital I've noticed that if I take prednisone too close to a time where I fall asleep there is heavy night sweating. this only applies if you are on prednisone, if not sorry for wasting your time haha. good luvk and feel better

I had my loading doses of humira on 4/4/13, and by saturday 4/6 i was having heavy night sweats, really didn't have a problem with them before.. The last couple nights i am swapping out pillows and washing pillows daily. Other than that and some acne.. I feel great, can't beleive how quickly this stuff started working, didn't know how uncomfortable i was until i didnt have that discomfort..

Those are miniature Australian shepherds they make the best of a bad day they are so loving the wife breeds and shows them, you can see all of our dog's at makanaminiaussies.com
Awww, they are adorable! My dog looks like them, most think she's a border collie (her predecessor was) but her mom was aussie shepherd and her dad was a blue heeler.
After our border collie, I often thought it would be great to raise them.

I have been on Humira since December 2014 for Crohns. It has made my stomach issues better, but I am having these hot flashes or night sweats. It can be all day long. And yes, I have some new foam pieced pillows (MyPillow) which are comfy but make me sweat. I am trying new pilllowcases that they recommend to see if that stops it. But yeah, I thought it was hormones but think it's from Humira. Soaked.

I have not tried that medication but I experience night sweats in general with my other symptoms. Could it be a part of the IBD?