• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

If it's not one it's the other

Finally my son seems to be feeling well and gaining weight. Seems that current medicine regime is working. We go back to GI next week for a check in.

So hubby had his blood work done last week and it is all wacked. Liver levels seem to be all over the place and he is losing weight UGH!!!:ymad:
I'm sure the GI nurse will be calling to have them rechecked again in two weeks to see if there is any change. I told him to ask to get his B12 checked then but whether or not he will actually do it (Shrug)

Drives me nuts because I just want to take control so I can make sure it gets done.

Sorry, Jmrogers4!! I hope things stabilize for your hubby!!! So glad to hear things are still going well for Jack.

I'm so vitamin obsessed right now, I think I'm going to push the doc to test my levels just so I can feel productive in pushing labs!!

Last edited:
Yes at least from my research on what his blood tests mean, it either points to liver function or low B12. He has been on Imuran for 9-10 years and has never had his B12 checked - Keep telling him he is not setting a good example

Hi. Hope things get better. My daughter was diagnosed two years ago and has never been checked for Vit B or D. But thanks to this forum I learned that is very important. So I ask Gi and got lab order for both my kids.