• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Why so much PAIN! Anyone HELP?

Why do I have so much pain below my sternum and RUQ/RLQ and am consistantly naseas, lost more weight and appetite, I am 34 yrs. of age and other than crohn's am in good health and very active.
I have been diagnosed with crohn's disease in the later part of 2001-early start of 2002 around there sometime. So crohn's is not a new issue with me found out by a fistula fissure OH THE JOY OF THAT ONE LOL:ybatty: couldn't sit or sh*t for two weeks.
I have tried a lot of meds since being diagnosed and they do not work or make me sicker. I have taken the following: Pentasa, 6mp, prednisone, promethazene, asacol, nexium, remeron, flagyl, and a few others that I cannot remember right at this time. I also did the remicade infusion x3 which made me sick with pancreatitis and spent 17 days in the icu at the hospital so I refuse to do any sort of infusion treatment, I DONT WANT TO BE MORE SICKER THAN I AM ALREADY AT TIMES.
I had a bowel resection (1 foot removed) done last year in march 2008 and healed up fine and even created an appetite after and gaining weight again for about 2-3 months then lost a pound or two and gained it back plus during November 2008 and lost 4 pounds last month in December 2008.
I have been having an increase in pain in the areas i mensioned in my first opening sentence since the beginning of this month January 2009 so my doctor ordered a CT of my abdomen and blood work which i did last week, but the thing is they never find anything, WHY???
I wake up like a timer at the same time every morning naseas as hell till I relieve my bowels completely and that can take going several times before the nasea goes away or I dry heave while having a bowel movement and that seems to really settle my nasea as well, WHY????
I will be the first to admit and lay my cards on the table and not hide anything, I have grown real tired of all the meds and in the last year my only meds have been(my own therapy, what works for me),I stopped taking everything except, Medical Marijuana and Percocets for the pain which the doctor switched to oxycodone/acet last month. The marijuana helps my guts relax and i can eat too as well as helps with mild to severe nasea.
I know not taking any meds isn't a good thing but everything makes it worse especially at 25-35 pills a day and having to keep the times for each med.
I want to mension to that I am not a Doctor or medical professional so what works for me might not work for you.
Anymore knowledge would be very much appreciated as I am at my wits end with the pain and nasea. Any tests to tell my doctor what to look for as I will have it ordered. Thank you all...:)

Any time I was nauseated and had to puke while having a bowel movement meant I had a stricture in my intestines . If you are running fever also you need to have your Dr. do a barrium followthrough only true way to see whats going on.

Barium CT with IV contrast

Did a barium CT with IV contrast last week 1-15-08 waiting for the results this week, but they always come back negatvie EVERYTIME, but maybe this one might see something I hope. Thank you for the qwuik reply and your words are always welcome with me, again thank you. I am going to talk to my doctor and have that noted as something to look for in the scan.

Sincerely and Respectfully, Gary

M

Marti

My daughter too has Crohn's, and yours sounds as bad as hers. I spoke with a woman a few days ago and her daughter has had Crohn's since childhood. She told me that her daughter takes a lactose pill 30 minutes before each and ever meal and this has helped her. She has cut out the sugar, salt, spicy and etc foods too. She is on other a pill that relaxes her nerves and it helps with the constant need to go to the bathroom. She has her days if she eats something she shouldn't, but otherwise does well. I have discussed this with my daughter and hope she tries the lactose pills. I am always trying to see what helps others in hopes of helping my daughter. She has been suffering for 10 years and she has just started with the fistulas. And yes just like you said. She is in so much pain in her stomach right now, she can hardly stand up straight. She is so afraid that something else is going on in her stomach right now, which they don't seem to see anything, but she said it is different than what she has been suffering with all these years. My daughter has already tried to commit suicide due to this illness. The pain she is in is horrific.

R

rottengutgirl

I had the same symptom for about 5 days before my small bowel perforated and I had to have emergency surgery because I was septic....you should really get that checked out...be persistant and take control of your disease.