• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My Story and Introduction of Me

Hello everyone, my name is Gary and I have been diagnosed with CD in the later part of 2001-early start of 2002. I found out I had crohn's by a fistula fissure that lead to having a pari-rectal abcess. Talk about pain. Then when I ate food I wouldn't even be able to finish it before I would have to go to the bathroom. Not to mension shittin myself. So I was real confused at what was going on, and that was when they decided to do a colonoscopy/endoscopy as well as a biopsy while they were in there, have had numerous in eight years. Its been a roller-coaster ride ever since.
My first year of being diagnosed I went to the E.R. 32 times with pain/nasea and shitin blood constantly. Doctor talked me into the remicade infusion, did it and spent 17 days in the hospital due to contracting pacreatitis as one of its side affects, thanks for the warning Doc!! Then finally got it at bay at most with prednisone and 6mp.
I have tried a lot of meds and they all make me sicker and I cannot stand it. I have been on 6mp, prednisone,pentasa, remeron,asocol, flagyl, nexium, remicade infusion, promethazine, percocet, oxycontin, oxycodone/acet, protonix, and a few others I cannot remember as 8 years of med taking you go thru a lot.
Finally had a bowel resection January or March 2008. Felt great after surgery and healed up well, even started eating good again. That lasted a few months, gained a little weight and around october-september 2008 lost a pound then gained 2 pounds in november 2008 and then lost 4 pounds between December 17th 2008 till January 12 2009.
I have been ignoring my crohn's for qwiute some time and am now finally joining this forum to meet others with CD and to gain a little more knowledge about CD in the hopes that what works for some might work for others as well. Thank you all and I will be posting regularlly. Looking forward to being a part of this forum.