• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

16 Years and Counting For DG!

Well hey yall.... Ive been around here lurking for quite along time, and fig i would join and start posting cause of the hotties around here lol...... But no seriously, ive felt i should start and help out if at all possible and maybe get some advise as well!

Well to start my Name is DG and ive had Crohns Colitis for 16 years+! I enjoy life, try to help others by speaking at Help Groups and Colleges, go quading, build motors, dance/teach salsa(on 1), play around on the comp(used to be a network tech), cook and many many other things!

My drs tend to think i was born with Crohns Colitis, due to digestive issues as a baby, so i was put on Goats milk(Yes straight from the Goat) till like 5y/o i think. After that, went to reg ol store bought milk and never really had any issues up untill 10y/o.

After that is when this story would get very very very long so ill keep it short and if you want details your more then welcome to ask!

Was diagnosed with Sprue at 10 by Endoscope, which was a misdiagnoses till 11 y/o which was by a Colonoscapy, and was givin a choice to go to WA or UT to see a Peditrican GI due to not having one here in Idaho. So i chose Salt Lake City UT cause we have family there and would be much easier on my parents. I was 5 2 and 53pds(yes pretty much dead and have the picture to prove it)! Flew out there there day after finding out and ended up staying in childerns hospital there(Primarys) for about 3months or so! Had TPN line put in and ran tons and tons tests, woke up every other morn to have blood work done and many endos and colonoscapys, not to mention the reg ol routine things every couple hrs.... But in the end i didnt care really, i was alive, a kid, a boy who understood it all had to be done to help me be healthy or atleast some what healthy....

Finally left, and ended up having to go back every 2 weeks - a month for check ups and some times i ended up calling Primarys my home again for a month or so to stay healthy, or in my mind, to stay alive at the time!

Time came when i turned 18 and could no longer go there and chose a local GI here! Since then ive only been in the hospital once for a week after dropping 30pds in a month due to first having Phuemonia, Cracking a Rib, Tearing a Back muscle and my Crohns Colitis kicking in....... Tho i shoulda went in sooner then i did, but eh owell.

Have had a recent flare that has dropped me 25pds so far, and well, there is now talk of surg., due to have way to much built up scare tissue...... Right now im tryin to get into a Rheumatologist to see if i have Lupus or not and hopfully talk to him and my Dr to putting me back on Remicaide(which i have been on and off since 1996)

At the moment im taking Endocort, Asacol, Imuran, Prilosec and Vicodin as needed - GoL Probiotics, Digestive Enzymes, Collidal Silver, Fish Oil, and Multi Vit!

Ive been through alot i know, cause everyone tells me even the nurses and drs considering i have 6 or 7 of full folders of my history in my Drs office.

So i live day to day, dont take nothing for granted, and enjoy everything as much as i possible!

I hope you are all healthy and enjoying your day!

Last edited:
Welcome! Boy, you've really been through it! YOu do seem to have a positive outlook though, and that will help you a lot.

Glad you found us!

Welcome DG,

What type of surgery are they suggesting? I am also facing surgery soon because my colon is all scar tissue. I will probably end up with an ileo and I was only diagnosed a year ago.

AIjen: Thanks so much! Yes it seems as so i have, but some days i know i can go through much more, but im sure theres others out there that have gone through much more then I! Thanks, and i guess for me personally, i dont see it has being "possitive" per se, just more a realist from the view point of "if its not helping its hurting".... So i guess you could say im possitive in a round about way haha Thanks so much!

Teeny5: Thank You!

Dayng1016:Thanks. Ya you could say ive been around the block a few times heh heh. Yes same as well!

Lee MI: Thank You. Same as you, Colon Removal. No Small intestine removal, yet! Wow, you have THAT much built up scar tissue in yr+! I wish you the very very best! I do hope you or your dr can find something, anything, that will keep you stable!

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
Hey DG and welcome!
How many times have you been on and off of Remi? Some people say that once you are off it you can't go back on, but a few people on here have started for a second time.
Hope you get some answers with your Rheum.
Good luck.

My Butt Hurts said:
Hey DG and welcome!
How many times have you been on and off of Remi? Some people say that once you are off it you can't go back on, but a few people on here have started for a second time.
Hope you get some answers with your Rheum.
Good luck.
Thanks so much BH!
Ya i have heard that many times as well, its been 3 times so far. 2 times when i was goin to UT, and then this last time, last year. My Dr here says i havnt been off long enough this time yet to "not" be able to go back on. For the other 2 times as a child, im not sure as to there reasoning?
Yes, me to! Since thats whats scarred my dr to taking me off Remi! Stupid Lupus antibodys! lol

Thank you BH!

soupdragon69

ele mental leprechaun
Hey DG welcome to the smartie club! See you are on one or two meds like one or two of us here ;-)

I reckon some of us rattle if we jump up and down eh?

Nice to have you around and looking forward to seeing you posting and not lurking anymore!

((hugs))

TammySue62: Thank you much! Ill do my best! Hope i can help as well as gain! You must have lived with Crohns longer then anyone ive ever heard of! 30yrs, wow! Hats off to you!!!

Pen: Thank Ya! Well i try to do what helps, not hurts. There for if logically and reasonably its not helping then why do it? Atleast thats the way i see it! Everyone tells me im much different then anyone they have met befor because of how i think and reason. Im that guy who all there family and friends come to for answers to there problems :lol: I just belive in making myself better, and being better for everyone else!:ycool:

soupdragon69: Thanks! Hahaha eh a couple. Actually im down from what i used to be on. At one time i was on 22 different meds, and thats not including the natro. stuff! lol Well at this point i wouldnt be rattling i would just be the drug store itself Bwhaha! Yes, ill do what i can, especially since i dont have a job, dont go to school and just try to stay alive lol