• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

How long can you keep the juice in the fridge for?

I'm thinking of making batches and putting them in water bottles in the fridge (machine is a pain to clean!) how long can I keep the bottles for? Can the vitamins and stuff evaporate? Sorry super new to this :)

rygon

They say it is best to drink straght away, but can be stored for up to 8hrs with a centrifugal juicer (blade that spins fast) and 24hrs with a low speed type juicer.

Ive drank them after that and they still taste ok, but as they arent heat treated like shop bought juice they will have a shorter shelf life.

Vitamins are sensitive to light, heat and air and time so all thee factor will cause the vitamins to degenerate if stored

scottsma

I always drink mine as soon as I've cleaned the juicer,then I feel sure I'm getting the vits and nutrients,which is the whole point for me.I agree,cleaning up is a pain,that's why I clean up BEFORE I enjoy my drink.You'll soon get into a routine,please don't let the chores put you off.

Aw darn.

I was planning on making juice in the evening to store for my morning coffee-replacer on the road. My machine makes TONS of noise so I don't want to wake my family up at 7am..

I'm thinking I'll just make the juice at the same time I'm making dinner, so I can have it as a side instead :)

scottsma

Good Idea.I also wish I could make batches and have a glass when I fancy one,but nothing worth doing is easy is it.Good Luck and ENJOY !!!

It's best if you drink it right away, but juice will actually last for at least 4-5 days in the fridge, although the longer it's stored, the more nutritional value it can lose, primarily through oxidation.

So if you must store your juice, you might want to get a few of these bad boys and fill to the very top before sealing to prevent as much oxidation as possible.