• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Ankylosing Spondylitis and Crohn's

I am a 52 year old male, in 1977 was diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis(AS).
I am HLA-B27 Positive, C Reactive Protein is a 1.84 mlph(3 times than normal). I cleared up my Crohn's by avoiding WHEAT and GLUTEN. I take Celebrex 200mg, and I DO NOT take ibufrophin(Advil) as that caused a Anal Fistula; that cleared up too !!!! I eat only organic, no processed foods, especially Alkaline foods; THE GREEN STUFF ! If I would have known this 36 years ago, I never would have developed BONE FUSION in my spine, back, eyes, rib cage, psoriasis on the skin and many other issues. :eek2:

Hi samalot760. Welcome to the forum. Thanks for your post. I did not understand about your CRP. Its 3 times higher than normal?

David

Co-Founder
Hey Sam and welcome to the community.

I'm so pleased to hear that you're controlling your symptoms with diet! That's wonderful. Out of curiosity, what tests do they do on you to monitor the state of your disease? For example, fecal calprotectin, CRP, ESR, etc?

All my best to you.