• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Newbie from BC

Hello to all forum members!! My daughter has UC and this is why Ive decided to join this forum. Id like to help my daughter by understanding more and wantting to help in anyway I can.
First, my daughter is 21 a single mother and dealing with UC, shes been hospitalized and sick for a long time, Im concerned with all the drugs she is on. Dont ask what the names are, i have no idea other than shes looking not too good.
My question is about Medical Marijauna, I want her to try this and would like to know any feedback you can give me. Like amount, strain and how it was obtained into the body..

Thanks in advance!!

SarahBear

Welcome to the forum!

Has your daughter heard of the forum or considered joining? It's a big help for a lot of us.

As for your questions about MM, I encourage you to check out that section of the forum, found here.

I hope she can find some relief soon!

Freedom4me,

Welcome to the forum. I am also a mother of a daughter with IBD.
It is heartbreaking as a mother to see our children suffer and we want to help.
If your daughter is ready, this forum would be so great for her.

There is a section on here regarding medical marijuana. It has helped so many with their symptoms. It seems to work best, combined with prescribed meds and good eating habits. every person is different, so what may work for one, wont necessarily work for another.

Here is a link on this site for Medical Marijuana: http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. We are all here to help give support and there is lots of information.

I wish you and your daughter the very best

Thank you Sarahbear and Julie for the response, I will let my daughter know about this site, and will also look into the MM section

Darin