• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Sick little boy, positive lactoferrin

Hi there, I'm mom to Jake a very loving little 4yr old. Jake has had health issues since birth. A skin biopsy revealed Mastocytosis at age 9mo,asthma,gerd,sleep apnea,severe restless leg syndrome, disaccharide malabsorption, vit d def, and anemic. Poor growth, and belly pain and diarrhea daily. Positive blood in stool, positive lactoferrin, negative for infection or parasites, colonoscopy and endoscopy scheduled for June 10.. Any thoughts? Looking for answers, does positive lactoferrin always indicate IBD??

Hello Forjake and a warm welcome to the forum :)

I'm so sorry your lovely little boy is having to go through all this, it's such a shame for one so young, as a mother I can understand your pain :(. I'm sorry I can't answer your question, I really just wanted to give you my support and welcome you to the forum. I would suggest that you have a look at the sub-forum for parents as you might find the help you need there, the Crohns forum provides a wealth of information and I really do hope you get the help you need. Wishing your son the very best and hugs to you both. :ghug::ghug:

Sounds like you and your little man have had a tough 4 years :(.

I also don't know the answer but I am sure that you will find plenty of people on here who will be able to help you.

I really hope that you get some answers soon, and you can get your little boy fit and healthy. (((hugs)))

:ghug: