• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Need to vent

I have one thing to say and that is crohns sucks I'm so sick of being sick and tired all the time and its really affected me and not in a good way either I don't even know who I am anymore I just really needed to say something

Last edited:
I feel the same way! I am sorry you are feeling frustrated, but I am right there with you! I said that today, that I feel like I have lost myself sometimes! Sending hugs your way!!

Xo

I remember feeling that way, I promise it will get easier, I'm talking from experience. All I can tell you is, you will learn to listen to your body and know what it needs and when. You'll find a way to live with Crohns and not let it determine your life. And please remember...the more stressed you are, the worse your symptoms will be! Look after yourself xx

nogutsnoglory

Im sorry, I know what you are going through. I feel like I lost my sense of self and I have become nothing more than someone suffering from a disease. There isn't a minute in my day where Crohn's is not on my mind.

I would suggest taking it one day at a time.......crohns is very difficult to come to terms with and I agree with the other posts that I think about it everyday and feel like I'm not a person with crohns but rather crohns with a bit of me. I'm hoping that in time I will adjust the balance and get me back, just as I'm hoping that things will improve greatly for you. Take care Kirsten and big hugs.:ghug::ghug:

things are really stressful which obviously is not helping my case at all i have two weeks til my summer starts and i am really in need of a break from school and life in general just wish i was the old happy me instead of this tired sick and unhappy person i understand my crohns will never go away i came to terms with that its just all the other stuff its never ending and sometimes i can be surronded by lots of people and still want to cry because of feeling alone its hard and miserable to go through

Well you have friends here. Just vent away. Don't let it bottle up inside. It sucks. Been there done that. Before crohn's what made you happy? Sports? jumping in with lions?

I loved running and being able to eat what I wanted and go out with my friends without having to run to the bathroom I miss having good grades and attendance miss my old life I hate having crohns its sucks

I just got a 504 plan running was how I relieved myself of stress and anger and its not my friends I'm worried more about myself and how I think then my friends

Hi Kirsten,
I am sorry to hear that you are feeling low. Dealing with a chronic disease takes a lot of energy, so it is very common to feel down with this disease. Sometimes malabsorption of certain nutrients and side effects from medications can make the low feeling worse. Have you let your health professionals know how you are feeling? How about a caring adult like a parent or teacher? Would you consider some counselling to help you deal with your new situation? It can really help to share your low feelings and learn how to develop some skills to cope with them. Sometimes it is necessary to take some medication to boost the low mood as well.

It might be helpful to find some people in your age group who have this condition. http://www.ccfa.org/living-with-crohns-colitis/find-a-support-group/
This website has some info about meeting another person on-line. Please do take all of the usual precautions to protect your identity when first getting to know someone new.

Keep letting us know how you are doing. It is great that you are posting here.

Sending hugs your way Kirsten, clear from Kansas. My son has struggled with your same issues...It appears that you are a very beautiful girl with a bright future, hang in there....

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
Hey Kirsten - I think many of us at some point or another have been where you are....please try to remember that there is a light at the end of the tunnel - things CAN be brought more under control -
What treatment plan are you currently on? It could be your meds need some 'tweaking' - and adjusting....I myself went through many different medications over the years.

Remember - this disease does NOT control you - YOU control IT!.....

Please do drop in chat - I know I do when I need to talk to someone about things that I can't talk about at home - even if there aren't always people in there, if you leave a note saying you will be back around a certain time, I at least will pop in and out and see who has been there.

Keep your chin up kiddo!

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
I know what you mean when you say you feel alone even though you're around many people. Have you opened up with your friends and family at all? Are they all supportive?

One thing I did after my diagnosis was go into counseling for a while. It does help to be able to have someone to talk/vent to and they can suggest ways to help you cope better.

As of right now it doesn't sound like you're in remission so I'm also wondering what treatment plan you're on and how long you've been on it. Also wondering if you've been tested for any vitamin deficiencies as even being low in certain ones can cause depression.

We're all here for you! This is the one place where I don't feel alone all the time as many have gone through/are going through the same thing. :)

nogutsnoglory

I agree with Jennifer that there is nothing wrong with seeking out that support either here, a support group or counselor/psychologist.

This disease is a lot to handle and it can feel good to just get everything off your chest and share it with a safe and understanding person.

We are here for you, know fully what you are going through. Lots of hugs and sending good healthy vibrations through the ether ;)

Oh I'm glad to hear that you have a new treatment on the horizon. Waiting for improvement sure is hard though. One thing that helped when I was really ill and wondering if I was ever going to get better was to watch silly, funny cartoons and movies etc. The stupider, the funnier. I think laughing helps boost some chemicals that improve low mood. Sometimes I would invite a friend over to watch with me. They were so glad to see me laugh that they found the movie funny too even if it was just stupid.

well you have friends here.... what are you doing later this evening? Ill be out of the job after 7p west coast time. I bet a bunch of us could swing into the chat room and tell you funny jokes, how to rebuild a carb in you kitchen or just hang out

there is no support group in my area and ryansbronco that sounds good but tonight just doesnt work my sister is comming down from erie to see me for the first time since i was diagniosed

SarahBear

:hug: Kirsten. I'm sorry you're having a difficult time lately.

If you need to talk, stop by the chat and see if anyone is around. :) Sometimes we end up playing chat tag, but I'm sure you can catch someone! :p

:hug: We're all here for you!

I'm in so much pain right now I could cry it hurts that bad and its been like this all day I didn't even go to school today cause of my pain it horrible

Kirstin,
I hope the Remicade works for you. My daughter was in such pain too. Have you tried cortifoam? It helped her so much and then finally the Remicade has made her symptom free. I hope it works as well for you.

what are your symptoms?

Kirsten, I am so sorry you are going through all this. It breaks my heat to hear of young people like you with this disease. Reading through this thread, I think maybe you might want to talk to your doctor about your depression. There is nothing wrong with asking for help. I have lived for decades with being on an anti depression med. It can help.

I know hanging in there is difficult, but it will get better. I am excited for you to start the Remicade.

Honey

Staff member
Hi there,
It is not easy to deal with a new and debilitating illness, like Crohns. It has reduced me to tears too!! I promise you once they find the right treatment for you to alleviate the symptoms, you will feel more hopeful and able to cope. It takes time to adjust but you will. I began Infliximab infusions a few months ago as everything else had failed. I still get tired but I am stronger and able to go out. I am also able to do some of my hobbies e.g. painting pictures and Photography. I have learned to pace myself : Do a little, then rest!!! It is natural to be upset, so go with your feelings. I hope you are feeling a little better just now. It helps to talk to those who understand what you are going through. I hope I have helped a little speaking of my experience. I am thinking of you. Let me know how you are.:tear:

Kirsten, what you describe sounds so much like me in high school it is scary! All i can say is, it will get easier. Your future college schedule of class 15 hours a week will afford you much more flexibility, it will be easier to work around the illness. You just have to hang in there.

Also, as someone in her mid-20s I can tell you, there will be ups and downs, but overall life will improve dramatically when you leave your teens. Hang in there, and I am sending you all my sympathy. There isn't anything in the world that would make me go back to where you are now.