• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Getting harrassed by my boss

Hi I'm Corrie tuesdayi told my boss i have to leave workdue to the fact i was so sick and sore he started harrasing me sayingyou go to the bathroom to much do it on your breaksi said i cant do nothing about it {beore this happend i took two days holiday cause i was too sick} anyways he said you were sick for two days last week you should have done somthing about it then i said i was in the hospital! then i said im going to ask about surgery cause i cant do this no more im sore my joints my back ache he said you better save up holidays for it then i was so mad i just walked out i phoned work left a message saying i cant be in untill further notice they kepp phoneing me telling me to phone every night and keep them posted is that right of them to do that? what should i do about it? i was off a different job 2 years ago for a whole year cause i couldnt work and im in the same state as then :eek:

Corrie,

I see you posted 3 different times. sometimes it takes a while for someone who might live in Canada to come on and help you.

I am sorry you are getting harrassed by your boss, that must be so frustrating. Most people do not understand what IBD is.

No one wants to be harrassed especially when they do not feel well. Is there any chance they are concerned for you and want you to let them know how you are doing?

There has to be a way to get through to someone about disability.

Last edited:
I posted three times i dont know how to do this lol i thought it never worked so tried again i dont think hes doing it cause hes worried he has been recording me and pple at work say hes talking behind my back :(

Wow....I cannot believe you got treated like that. You have a right to use the bathroom whenever you need.
I live in Ontario. I have been off work for 8 weeks now. I'm now on std .
2 years ago I missed 5 months. And a lot of sick days in between.
I guess it might depend on your benefits what you can do. Are you salary....with paid sick days? It doesn't hurt to have an understanding doctor on your side.
I would recommend having a doctors note for any days missed. And I try to keep any communications with my work to emails. Then you always have documentation.. Best of luck to you

Sorry...forgot something. I think they can ask you to phone every day. And I think this can stop when you are off long enough to be on short term disability. I am at that point and I check in every Monday to be courteous. I also think if you get a doctors note saying you will be off until further notice that you won't have to call every day.
Please keep in mind I am assuming that these things apply across Canada.

Wow sorry your having a ruff time aswell do you ever get bugged at work for missing so much? Ill phone them to be curtiouse just dont believe i have to every day owell hey

Noone has said anything directly to me. Im sure they all talk. They act supportive....but it is all about business in the end so i will understand if they try to get rid of me. I have a lot of health problems and go through go periods then it is all down hill. I think if i wasnt so good at my job they would have tried to get rid of me by now.....although that would be illegal...i think. Im going to look into he laws on that soon. Now im wondering.

Ok it is illegal especially if you have a disibility i kinda looked it up are you going to go on disability for good?

Hey guess what i went into the main office and i was talking to a guy i didnt know and told him what i had (Crohn's) he said my best friend has it i know alot about it so i vented how frustrated i was about my boss harrasing me about my problem and told him everything my boss said to me and what not and he said my names pat so i said hi im corrie he said he will take care of everything because Crohn's is nothing to mess with i got confused and said what do you mean you will take care of it he said he will have a stern talk with my boss turns out he is the head honcho for the company i am so relieved yay:)

wow, that is amazing! What a stroke of good luck. Sounds like you've got the right guy on your side. Good thing too, now your boss will have to be much more understanding or HE will be in trouble!

I am hoping to go back to work as soon as this flare up is gone. I started taking prednisone last week and it usually fixes me up pretty quick. But I've noticed that it is less effective every time I am on it and I need to take more to get the inflammation down.
I am so happy to hear that you have found some support at work. Some people are clueless and need a swift kick in the ***
And these people I have found tend to have no health problems so it is hard for them to understand what we go through.
If people had to live in our shoes for a day.....

I know what you mean about prednizone it auite working for me till i quite it and start on it again thanks aswell i wish we could give it away just for one day lol owell all we can do is try tho hey i hope you get well im in the process of gettin a lil better