• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello, I'm New Here

I

Icewind11797

I just joined this forum today while researching information about Crohn's.
I saw this site and my first impression was that there are many nice people here, so I registered.

I'm only 13, but I've *had* Crohn's Disease since I was about 7 or 8.
The doctor kept turning me down and saying that I needed to eat more, and even put me on a high dose of horrible-tasting liquid iron. (I still can't swallow pills)
My mom really knew something was wrong when I came home from school and slept through the next day. That means I didn't eat dinner... Or breakfast, and I barely ate lunch because it HURT.
I was so malnourished...
I finally found a doctor that could treat me, and now I'm feeling pretty good 5 years later.
I'm still the shortest person in my class though, and I probably always will be. ):
Well, that's me! :smile:

Hey Ice, good to hear you're doing well. That must have been a horrible experience being prescribed that liquid iron stuff.

Stay strong and follow the advice of your doctor. You can probably learn a lot here too about foods and supplements.

I

Icewind11797

Yes, it was...
And I'm trying to learn as much as possible so I can stay healthy. =)