• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Predniose Free today... QUESTIONS!

Diagnosed with Crohn's 1st week of April and was started on prednisone through an IV. Was put on 40 mg pills and have been tapering off until last week i was on 5/2.5mg and the past 3 days i did .75 mg.... and now i'm off of it totally.

how do I know if i'm in remission?
(I know the side effects of prednisone will be with me for god knows how long)
I still have mucus in my stools is that normal??

I dont see any blood in my stools... only if i push do i see some (that was a few days ago but only once) but other then that I havnt seen any.. my doc says if i dont see blood in the toilet thats good.
SORRY a bit TMI.

i just wanted to get off this nasty drug and I want to stay off of it!
how do I know if i'm getting worse... what will happen? I want to keep an eye out on everything.

I dont want to end up in the hospital like a lot of people who taper completely off.... what signs should I lookout for?

Last edited:

nogutsnoglory

I think you shouldn't need to go to the hospital with any withdrawal side effects since you tapered properly. As for remission, mucus and blood is not normal so it would be indicative that the disease is still active. Hopefully the Delzicol will help you go into remission.