• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New here

Hi I just joined this forum. It has a lot of great information.

I was officially diagnosed with Crohn's last June, but have had ongoing symptoms for many years. The majority of my intestinal damage is in my large intestine, with some affect in the ileum. I am still learning so that is why I joined.

I am married with 2 kids. My daughter is 23 and my son is 19. My husband has Systemic Lupus, so he is a great support for me and totally understands when I have bad days. I am a Special Ed. Teacher and am able to teach at a school around the corner from home. This makes it nice on rough days.

My GI doc tried me on azathioprine but I could not handle it so now I am on 50 mg of Mercaptapurine and 50 mg of Allopurinol. I was on 100 Allopurinol, but I broke out in a rash, so dropped dose down. Disease seems to be responding well. I just have to take Zofran for nausea.

The Lord Jesus Christ is how I cope with this disease. Knowing that He has my life in His hands is how I carry on.

nogutsnoglory

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear that you and your husband are both suffering from very challenging chronic diseases. I am happy to hear your disease is mostly under control.

We have all gone through ups and downs with various medications, it can take time to find the ones that best suit us.

I also try to focus on God and prayer through the tough times. I believe this is a hard life lesson but one that makes me a stronger and more compassionate person.

Hope you are able to fully utilize the forum and find support and answers.

Hi Smiley:

My 20 year old daughter was diagnosed five years ago and, you are right. Prayers and faith in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is essential. Henis the way, the truth and the light.

I will keep you in my prayers.

Lisa