• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Ruining my life

I was diagnosed with Crohn's and had 6 feet of intestine. Since then, I have moved on to other jobs but none that are worth a crap.
I am a traveling (in work truck) repair/inspector. I have taken no meds since 2003 and I hurt all the time.

The worst part is trying to find a place to use the bathroom but this can be impossible at times. I travel to all corners of Colorado and Wyoming and have had many very difficult times in 'holding it in', but have sometimes had no choice to go when I am off the beaten trail in the middle of nowhere.

I've tried not eating fiber but it's still so bad at times that it makes me want to shoot my gut wide open and just start yanking stuff out. The constant bloating is not all, it hurts my butt when I sit down, even on a soft couch. I use the restroom roughly 12 times a day and this is TOTALLY ruining my life.

Ok, well there you have it, My info, as I was asked to input upon joining.

Thank you, I wish the best for all of you!

Hedzred

I'm sorry Hedzred.

I can certainly identify with all the symptoms you describe...it's the way I feel when my Crohn's is out of control.

I hope there is some way you can see a gastro and get on some meds. It sounds like you desperately need some help here.

Thank you for sharing a snippet of your experience.

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
Hi and welcome to the forum! :welcome:

I wish I had better words to say. But, one thing that I can do is to tell you that you've come to a great place for support and information. Please feel free to look around and let me know if you have any questions. Take care.