• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohn's overview

my little penguin

Staff member
Eczema and psoriasis often flare with active Crohn’s disease, but the most common specific dermatological manifestation is erythema nodosum. Usually found at initial presentation, it settles with resolution of bowel inflammation rarely to recur.

Ocular inflammation usually presents as uveitis, episcleritis, or conjunctivitis. Crohn’s disease patients developing red eye, eye pain, and/or visual disturbance should receive emergency ophthalmic assessment. Persistently abnormal, particularly cholestatic liver function tests should prompt investigation including magnetic resonance cholangiography for primary sclerosing cholangitis.

From link above

Explains alot in DS

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
Haha...EN rarely reoccurs? I had MULTIPLE bouts of it...over 10 years after initial diagnosis.....harumph.....thankfully since getting things under control I haven't had it since.