• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

T-dap booster

Just wanted to share some information...be sure to keep your kiddos t-dap boosters up to date. Here's why...

Ryan had ear surgery 2 weeks ago (supposed to be a fairly simple thing). He developed chondritis in the ear cartilage and had to spend 3 days at the hospital. He started coughing while at the hospital. One week later, the GP said he had whooping cough (pertussis) :eek2::eek2::eek2: YES, WHOOPING COUGH. His t-dap booster is due NEXT MONTH and he picked it up somewhere!!! It has been an awful 2 weeks and we are really worried he messed the ear surgery up with all the coughing ... fingers crossed!!!

my little penguin

Staff member
Hugs
Unfortunately whooping cough is a fairly common occurrence in Ibd kids on Mtx, 6-mp or biologics .
They also don't tend present classically due to having some immunity from the previous boosters.
Hope he gets better
Glad you caught it

DustyKat

Super Moderator
:eek2: I hope your lad gets over the Whooping Cough alright and his ears are okay!

:goodluck:

Dusty. xxx

Tesscorm

Staff member
Poor kid! I hope he`s beginning to feel better!!! And I hope all turns out to be okay with his ear! :ghug:

Thanks ladies! The coughing is MUCH better. We won't know about the ear for about 2 weeks...keeping our fingers crossed that all the coughing didn't undo anything. You are right...no way to start the summer. And to add to it, we are supposed to start Humira on Wednesday :ack: But he is very much looking forward to Camp Oasis next month and band camp (who looks forward to band camp :eek2:?