• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Waiting for diagnosis - self-help in the mean time?

Hi folks,
I don't have a diagnosis yet but the consultant suspects small bowel Crohns, I had a colonoscopy last week and they took several biopsies and said colon had patches of inflammation. They have advised me 4 weeks wait for the result of the biopsies and then I will see the consultant again, he has advised me that a pill-cam is probable, he's very good and very enthusiastic which is great as previously I've been under gynaecology and they've not been that helpful! All the problems I have have been going on for the last 10 years or so and bit by bit it's been whittled down to my stomach, recently I've lost a stone in just over 2 weeks.

The immediate problem I have is that since last week when I was at the hospital (and felt reasonable) I have returned back to feeling absolutely horrendous, I can't eat anything, have vile nausea to the point that I was almost physically sick twice yesterday, I can hardly move today from back pain and the stomach pain is very nearly unbearable, and I look like the living dead with cold sweats and no colour :( I know that if I go to my GP I won't get any help, and I assume that I won't be able to see the consultant until he has some results/more of an idea what's what, so what do I do, or can I do, in the mean time to help myself?

If anyone can give me some advice (or sympathy!) that would be great. Thank you so much. :ghug:

So sorry to hear of all you are going through! If you were to go to your GP could they do a blood draw and run some labwork? With your stomach pain inhibiting your ability to eat the GP may be able to give you something for nausea. Have you tried supplemental drinks to get some nutrition?

Maybe you could put a call in to the consultant and just let them know you are experiencing alot of symptoms since the colonoscopy and if all else fails maybe you could go to A&E(isn't that what it is called, here it is the ER).

I do hope you find relief soon.

If you're in that much pain, maybe you should go to A&E. The lack of color, etc., makes me wonder if you're severely anemic too.

I hope you feel better soon!