• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Saying HELLO! and test result question...

let me start by saying... HELLO! :)

I really have no idea if I fit in here, but I have been doing a lot of research and gathering a lot of hope and support vicariously from the posts on this site. You all seem like helpful, wonderful people.

Here's what's going on:
I'm a 22 year old female...

Crippling abdominal pain, bloody bm's, lots of them, low grade fever, vomiting, 2 months now.

Normal Colonoscopy, normal endoscopy,
several ulcers and areas of pronounced inflammation found in the small intestine during MR Enterography
and a fecal calprotectin level of 892

Doc agrees it is some kind of IBD but is not willing to say Crohn's yet, so no treatment planned at this time.
Any thoughts?
Should I get a different doc?

Nice to finally meet ya'll in type, and I hope I can contribute to this great community in some way soon.

THANKS!

I would say definately yes, get a 2nd opinion and sounds like you need meds to me. It could stop the further damage of your intestines if you get on some good meds right away. I can't believe they aren't suggesting any yet?

Honey

Staff member
Hi there and welcome,
It takes time to diagnose and find the right treatment. Make sure you are drinking plenty of liquids, as dia can cause dehydration and then you vomit.As tests have shown some inflammation, then your doctor is right to be cautious. Usually stool samples are asked for as inflammatory levels, etc can confirm, or not, Crohns. Hopefully it is a lesser problem with your digestive tract as Crohns is a very difficult one to treat. Speak to your doctor again about how you are feeling. You cannot ignore being sick a lot as that will drain your energy! Let me know how you are. Best wishes
:welcome::sun:

I think you need to keep searching, did they take biopsies during scopes? There is also the prometheus prognostic and while it doesn't necessarily diagnose Crohn's/UC it will tell you if the biologic markers are there warranting future investigation (although I think you need further investigation anyway to find out what is causing inflammation)