• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi

diagnosed with crohns 18 months ago, on azathioprine and prednisolone at the moment just had my dosage of azathioprine doubled.At present I have no energy ,could sleep 24/7 but have seen an improvement in abdominal pain and frequency of toilet visits ,So see how it goes.

nogutsnoglory

Sorry you are so exhausted, I totally feel your pain. How long have you been on the pred? Are they going to taper that now that they increased the Azathioprone? Both can cause fatigue as can the disease in general. I know I could barely move after being on Pred too long.

Hey scotty, how long have you been on aza and with the increased dosage how much mg per kg bodyweight do you take?

Anyway, do you have your regular blood tests somewhere or have them discussed with your GI? If you have no energy and sleep most of the time, there might be deficiencies such as problems with iron that cause that - deficiencies come from malabsorption that is a consequence of inflammation.