• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello. Short Update. One year on.

Hi everyone. It's been a year since my surgery (hemicoloctomy and meckels diverticulectomy) and thought i'd give you a small update. It's good to see some of the old faces still here offering their great advice. I've been away too long but have been looking in from time to time. It's not so good to see so many new faces though, for obvious reasons, although there isn't really a better place to find reassurance than this forum.

It is a year this week that i had my surgery. The best decision of my life so far. Would do it all again in an instant. I am taking Azathioprine (imuran) for the forseable future but have just dropped the ferrous sulphate tablets from my daily regime. I have my first ever colonoscopy next month to check what state my bowel is in. Not looking forward to it much, i suppose i'm lucky i have got away with it this long really.

I will definitely check in more in future. Take care all.

Congrats on your one year anniversary!! I hope that your colonoscopy is really boring and that it shows no active disease. Good Luck!

Glad you are doing well. I barely remember you, it has been so long.

Let us know how you get along with the Imuran.

Dan