• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Living life with Crohn's, not run by it.

Greetings all. Tracy here in beautiful Santa Monica, California. Female, 53 with Crohn's. My problems began in 1999 but I was always told I had severe IBS u til they finally found Crohn's in 2010...or maybe it just evolved.:ycool:
I had a bowel resection in 2008 after everything got so aggravated from chemotherapy. Chemo was after a double mastectomy and ovaries out from cancer. Somewhere in 2011' I found out about an amazing Chinese Doc who on,y works with Crohn's. He put me on a tea that I had to keep making and drinking. It looked like a Baggie of tree bark and sticks but it helped. he also put me on a diet of ONLY cooked veggies, eggs and fish. Period. No raw, no startch, no sugar, no dairy, no alcohol or coffee and nothing cold in temperature. I still eat that way all the time. if I cheat, I pay a price. then I discovered LDN Low Dose Naltrexone and that helped even more and I was fine for so long. Then...cancer returned. More surgery, chemo again (chemo and Crohn's don't get along we'll) ...many hospital stays and then radiation. That all ended a few months ago and now I have pain like I've never had. I won't go my GI since all she has is steroids and 6mp and surgery up her sleeve. I'm not going there. I'm going back to the Chinese Doc for a new brew and continuing to find alternative ways to handle this. My meditation practice and classes are my sanity. Gotta keep my head on no matter what! Sending out major hugs to all. Think good thoughts.:kiss:

Thank you and yes, I will check out your LDN thread! And, YES, I never miss my LDN. I thought it cured me...even overnight! To such a remarkable degree that my GI (who doesn't believe in LDN) thought maybe my diagnosis was incorrect! Lol I'm sure this flare up is just from the chemo and radiation. I shall persevere!
Much appreciated!

I love your attitude, Tracy! My 20 year old daughter has been battling Crohns for over five years now and she has a great outlook on life, too, and is constantly smiling even though she had to drop out of college and cannot do all the fun things her friends are doing. You both are inspirational women!! You will prevail!

As another Tracy on the sight, wanted to wish you best of luck with your conditions! Hope you find a treatment that suites you best!

Thought to mention, if you have not looked into you might look to test your vitamin D3 levels and if low supplement. The sunshine vitamin is thought to help with some cancer preventions, and additionally help with IBD conditions. I personally aim for a testing level above 50ng/ml.

Some studies on vitamin D helping with ovarian cancer prevention can be seen at ~

http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/?s=ovarian&submit=Submit

Good luck!

As another Tracy on the sight, wanted to wish you best of luck with your conditions! Hope you find a treatment that suites you best!

Thought to mention, if you have not looked into you might look to test your vitamin D3 levels and if low supplement. The sunshine vitamin is thought to help with some cancer preventions, and additionally help with IBD conditions. I personally aim for a testing level above 50ng/ml.

Some studies on vitamin D helping with ovarian cancer prevention can be seen at ~

http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/?s=ovarian&submit=Submit

Good luck!
Thanks for mentioning Vitamin D3 as could not agree more! Once my daughter started taking D3, her bleeding stopped within a week. A couple of weeks ago she neglected to take it for two days in a row and guess what? She started to bleed again, so she started taking it faithfully everyday again and the bleeding stopped. I cannot stress how important taking Vitamin D3 and a profactor, like folic acid, is! Vitamin D is not a vitamin - It is a hormone that almost everyone is deficient in, unless they supplement. The Vitamin D Council link Tracy Beach posted above http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/ is excellent! It's also a good idea to take a calcium supplement with the D3 and folic acid. It's worth giving it a try!