• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Recently diagnosed with crohns/3days ago

Hello my name is Willie, and I started having issues last year from what I thought was a low tolerance for diary products. So anytime I had diary It would give me gas and diarrhea but I continued to eat and drink it. And to make things worse... Whenever the need to go poo came on I never went right away...sometimes waiting hours or til the next day. Then I would get constipated which caused me to get a fissure. That I told my PD I had but he continuously said it was not and for me to put neosporin on what he call an abraision.

So after months of going back to him I then developed an abscess to go with it.that's when i decided I needed a 2nd opinion so I went to the hospital where they looked and right away she says yep a fissure and fistula/abscess,..thanks alot neosporin doc.

Anyway i told her i also have diarrhea and blood in the stool..but I thought the blood was coming from the fissure not inside. So I had an colonoscopy done where she found ulcers and inflammation she said it looked like crohns and she did some biopsies.so I went back in for my results which according to this different doc was inconclusive.. And told me to come back in six months!?! I said what about my fissure..and she says "oh we aren't too worried about that." So like an idiot i said okay and left.. I also started having these hunger pains two months ago. So I went to see a GI doc three days ago. who didn't examine me, he just pulled up my file and asked where the pain was...he left for 5mins and came back with a prescription for 250mg of pentasa and said you have crohns and need to take this immediately and religiously as prescribed.

I asked are they for sure that its crohns..and he dismissively says yes crohns.so this day two of taking pentasa and i feel lightheaded and nauseous occasionally but I think its the stress of the unsure diagnosis. Any thoughts...:)

Hello & welcome to the forum:

Sounds like you still do not have a definitive diagnosis. If I were you, I would look around for anither GI. The main thing that will help you with any kind of IBD is you have to be your own best advocate. Ask lots of questions and if you have more questions when you walk out of your GIs office then when you walked in, find another doctor.

I wish you the best!

Thank you for the reply and welcoming.. I plan on seeing another GI and colorectal doc. Because even though I have blood and diarrhea I don't have any pain.. Except hunger pains....plus i have Many questions.

Hi and welcome to the forum. I have just been diagnosed 3 months ago and same as you had no luck with doctors in our area. was not till had to stay with mum as could not look after 3 children she took me to her local hospital and guess what diagnosed straight away,so really depends what area you live so keep pushing till you get a straight answer with a new gi good luck