• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Daughters taken too much Pentasa

My daughter has accidently taken an extra 2 tablets (1000mg) of Pentasa. Should l be worried ?
Our GI is closed now.

afidz

Super Moderator
Call poison control, they would be your best bet at this time of night. Does your GI have an oncall doctor or a nurse helpline? that could be another option

I spoke to my pharmacist ...He said she should be alright as the maximun dose is 8 tablets a day. He said she might get an upset stomach. Its been 2hrs and so far she seems ok.

She had sore knees so she went to take Panadol but took Pentasa instead..:yfaint:

afidz

Super Moderator
Glad she is still feeling ok, after I posted that I thought about much of that stuff you have to take anyway and figured she would be alright. I would still call her GI in the morning just to make sure

nogutsnoglory

I think she will be fine like the pharmacist said. Just keep an eye on her in case she develops weird overdose side effects.