• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

What is going on?

I am currently doing my loading doses of remicade, and in the meantime my doctor had me trying to taper off of prednisone. I was doing okay until I got down to 5mg of prednisone, at which point my diarrhea came back in full force (10-15x a day) and I was feeling pretty miserable. I waited a few days to call the doctor because I'd just gotten my second dose of remicade. I went back to see the doctor when it was clear that the remicade hadn't started to help yet, and I was put back on prednisone. I am currently taking 40mg a day again- I've been on that amount for five days. I am somewhat better than I was, but I'm still having accidents and being woken up in the night having to run for the bathroom. I've been on pred at some level since December. Is it possible that it's just going to take a little longer for the prednisone to kick in since I got really inflamed again?

I'm just kind of freaked out and I can't get ahold of my doctor until Monday, so I thought I'd ask! Thank you for the help!

CrohnsChicago

Super Moderator
I'm so sorry you haven't received a response yet. Sometimes prednisone just isn't as effective for some people and they either have to go to higher dosages, receive steroid injections or discuss additional means of treatment with their doctors.

How have you been since this post? Have you and your doctor come up with a new game plan or are you still sticking with the remicade/prednisone treatment option?

Hope you are starting to feel some relief :hug: