• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hiya, New Gal Here! ;)

Hello there everyone *hugs* :hug:

I just came across forum and I just love it here. :Karl: I've been lurking for a few weeks and reading all the posts and the beautiful support from everyone here so I thought I just have to join! :dance:. You see, my doctor is testing me for Crohn's now, (I have Coeliac Disease currently but because my symptoms are so closely related to Crohn's, he will be testing me for it starting next week). Sometimes I do feel alone in all this. I mean my husband cares so much about me and I am so glad that he is in my corner, but my other family members, whom I just told over my birthday weekend, still don't understand. One family member seems to go out of her way to embarrass me! *sigh* I really have no one that I can talk to about my ups and downs...lefts and rights (lol). This was why I was so happy to have came across this forum. So far, the posts are helping me more than you all know!:ghug: I'm currently out of remission and have been having horrible flare-ups since my b-day on Saturday. I'm trying to deal with it but the pain and frequent bathroom runs get me so down :yfrown:, but I am pushing through it. Thanks so much for having me and I look forward to getting to know everyone better. :grr1d:

Hi felisha. A big welcome to the forum. I am glad you found us. You are not alone, you will find a lot of support in this forum. It's good you are having the tests to find out what is making you sick. Please let us know how it goes and feel free to ask any questions. best wishes.

David

Co-Founder
Greetings and welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear about your struggled but am glad you found your way here.

What tests does your doctor have you slated for?

All my best to you.

Hi felisha. A big welcome to the forum. I am glad you found us. You are not alone, you will find a lot of support in this forum. It's good you are having the tests to find out what is making you sick. Please let us know how it goes and feel free to ask any questions. best wishes.
Thank you so much for the warm welcome! As soon as I get my results I will let you all know. :kiss:

Greetings and welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear about your struggled but am glad you found your way here.

What tests does your doctor have you slated for?

All my best to you.
Hi David! :) Thank you for the warm greeting as well. :hug: The doctor had me take lots of blood work and the next testing will be the Colonoscopy and an Endoscopy. I've never had these procedures done before and I'm not sure what to expect.

Felisha, I have had a colonoscopy and upper endoscopy so I can tell you a little of what to expect :) You will have to do a bowel prep the day before, follow the instructions, you will probably have to be on clear fluids for a certain length of time too, it depends on the doctor's instructions. Now this can range from annoying and unpleasant to pretty miserable, depending on the person. For me it was not too bad!

The day of the procedure you will get an IV in, and change into a gown. They will put a thing into your mouth so you can't bite the scope, and then give a spray, and give you medication in your iv. Next thing you know, you will be done :) (or in my case i actually woke up part way though the colonoscopy part and watched it on the screen lol)

Some of that may vary according to your doctor/hospital but its really not a big deal at all :)

David

Co-Founder
I'm glad to hear those are the tests he has you slated for. He's being thorough which is great. There's lots of info about both on this forum and feel free to ask any questions you have :