• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

This is all new to me.

Hey everyone. I am still new to Crohn's. I went in for a routine colonoscopy in November due to a family history of Colon Cancer in young females. I was expecting a clean bill of health. Boy, was I off. Two days later I received a phone call from the physician herself. She told me they found two nodules that pathology said showed chronic inflammation in my ileum. Next came blood work, barium x-rays, and more blood work all to reach the life changing diagnosis of Crohn's Disease. I have known for a while that some food would create abdominal pain and I had frequent nausea but I had no idea that I had something so serious. I had heard of Crohn's before but I didn't really have a great understanding of the disease process. I have frequently come to read the posts of others here gaining comfort in the fact that I'm not alone. I want to say thank you to everyone that has asked questions or shared their experiences. It has made me feel better knowing that there are others who have had the same questions I have and that there are even more that are able to share what works for them. Thank you, everyone.

Lisa

nogutsnoglory

You're definitely not alone this is a wonderful community of people going through the same thing as you and it's a great source of support and information.

It's amazing that you went in for a routine colonoscopy and didn't expect to find anything and got diagnosed but it's better that you know and can be on top of it in terms of trying to treat this disease before it got even more out of hand.