• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Need advice and support, boyfriend has UC

Very new to this disease. My boyfriend is actually the one who was diagnosed with UC about 2 years ago. We have been dating for a little shy of a year. I'm trying my best to be supportive and do whatever it takes to be by his side and hope for the best. He has recently been prescribed Uceris. It's been about a week now and although he has seen no results, I am still hopeful that it will definitely take time. We've both cut back on eating out and drinking (it's a lot easier when you have a partner). I cannot really tell if that is helping or not.
I honestly think I just need someone else to talk to about all of this who is going through something similar.

afidz

Super Moderator
Hello, welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your boyfriend, but he is lucky to have someone so supportive who cares about him.
Crohn's and UC usually involve a lifestyle change, and it doesn't happen over night. Its good that you guys have stopped eating out and drinking, a few months from now, there might be a noticeable difference. And that goes for the Uceris as well. The meds need time to build up in the system before they are truly effective.
Feel free to talk about anything you need to here, this is a great supportive community.

nogutsnoglory

It's great to have supportive partners join us. You being there for him to talk to or run errands for will be so helpful. We are here for you to support and guide you in any way we can. You should also see if he wants to join the forum as well.

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
Hi tn&mw1224 and welcome to the forum! :D

Is he on any other medications besides the steroid? Steroids are meant for more short term treatment yet he may need another medication to help get him into and keep him in remission.

Uceris is similar to Entocort. Members have mentioned Budesonide taking days to a few weeks to start working. I'm going to tag AZMOM as they may know more about Uceris than I do.

So far it sounds like you're doing a great job but if you're looking for someone in a similar situation please feel free to check out the Partners, Family & Friends subforum here: http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90

There's also a Support Group here for people with spouses who have IBD: http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=48675

Really means a lot. The bleeding as stopped! So hopefully we are making some progress. He's still having a lot of trouble sleeping but we are working on that. He is beginning week 2 on uceris.